Monday, May 9, 2011

baby b and me

i had my 34 weeks doctor's appointment today. baby b did not hide from the doctor today...thank goodness!

i have gained a total of 10lbs to date but did not add on any more since my last visit two weeks ago. the doctor told me i will most likely be smaller after baby b gets here then when i started. that would be a miracle! swimming has been my best friend during this pregnancy. i have had no swelling and very little aches and pains. she complemented me on my positive attitude and outlook. i told her that i have tried to be very positive about pregnancy for several reasons. the first reason, we chose to have a baby and this is part of the deal. the second reason, this whole situation is temporary. and the third reason, many couples try very hard to have a baby and experience trouble and sadness in the process. i feel so blessed that God has chosen Aaron and me to be parents. this child is such a blessing and will be worth minute of this process. she also told me that if my labor were to start in the next week or so that they would not do anything to stop it. eeeeekkk!! time to get the hospital bag together and get everything at work in-line.

speaking of work, i am planning to work up until the day baby b comes. luckily, my office is very close to the hospital and very close to my house so there should be no problem. the girls at work will be on high alert.

baby b's room is almost done. we just have a few finishing touches to take care of and we will be ready to go! aaron re-finished an old dresser of ours and it looks amazing! we hung a mirror, some pictures, a shelf and did a few other things over the weekend. i like to go in there and lay on the floor. aaron has been going in the room a lot too so i think he likes it as much as me.

baby b is still very active. my tummy is constantly moving as he or she rolls about in there. aaron got to feel baby b's foot last night and then as soon as he touched it, it was gone! it is neat to see his reaction to all of the little movements. i went almost 31 weeks with out a belly of any sort. now that my belly has popped and i look pregnant, i think it is more real to aaron too. i had not thought about how the visible belly would effect aaron before.

i was watching saturday night live in bed the other night and they showed the line-up for next week's show. the date on the screen said May 14th. our baby is due June 16th. i can't believe it is almost time! i scheduled an appointment today for May 23rd. where have the last almost nine months gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment