Thursday, June 4, 2009

simple acts of bird flipping

i have to vent for a moment.

my drive to work is fairly simple. turn left, turn left, turn right, turn left into the parking lot. my office is 3.6 miles from the house and the traffic is usually minimal. there is one area of my drive that includes a strip shopping center on either side of the road. there is a grocery store on the right hand side, which i frequent quite a bit because they have great prices and great produce.

the parking for this store is tricky. there are spots on both sides of the road as well as a small parking lot. the spots are easy to pull in to but can be tricky to pull out of because of uncoming traffic. because i go there a lot, i understand the tricky parking. if i am driving by and i see a person trying to exit the lot, i yield and let them out into traffic. i mean, after all, it could be needing to get my groceries home before they get to hot.

so there i was this morning, on my way to work. crusing down habersham street in front of the store, i see someone trying to reverse. i slow down, and patiently wait for the person to back up. as the person is backing up, i took a peek in the rear view mirror. the woman behind me throws her arms up in the air and flipped me the bird. what? flipped me the bird...i was just trying to me nice.

at the light she tried to pass me as fast as she could. little good it did her though, we were sitting side by side at the next light. i was totally tempted to flip her the bird too but instead i just smiled and waited patiently for my turn to go. brats never win, so take your BMW suv and your crappy gas mileage and shove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment