Friday, February 20, 2009

"VDH"

hair has always been a challenge for me. curly, thick, unruly hair...not fun.

while i know that some people would kill for naturally curly hair, i would trade it in for straight hair on most days of the week. recently i cut six inches off my hair in an effort to try out a more professional look. my shorter, more manageable do is my most favorite haircut i have ever had. people have stopped me on the street to compliment me on my hair! wow! a couple of weeks ago i had to do a live television shoot for our annual campaign. after the spot, the host said.."I love your hair!"

the funny part about all of this is that the one thing that is making my hair so great is the fact that it is dirty. i fix it every morning but only wash it a couple of times a week. people in my office have been asking me for product advice, shampoo consultation and styling tips. i have to laugh because the honest truth is that its just dirt.

so...i decided as i was getting ready this morning that next time someone asked me what i was using in my hair that i would reply "VDH" short for Very Dirty Hair. The best part about VDH is that it is free and it gets better as it gets stale. With the economy like it is and expensive hair products left at the store to save money, give "VDH" a shot. You just might find what you are looking for.

3 comments:

  1. And do we have any pictures of the new haircut? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I think we totally need to see this fabulous VDH 'do!

    Would you like me to travel down and photograph it? (please give me another reason to get out of this cold weather!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously - you can't talk about it and not post a picture! I couldn't ever view that link to the TV thing...

    ReplyDelete