Monday, March 7, 2011

checking in...

baby b and i have reached the 25 week mark. it is hard to believe that our little one will be here in plus or minus 15 weeks. we still have a ton to get done at the house, dixie needs to go to the vet, i have to figure out my maternity leave, etc. etc. etc.

when we went to the doctor of our 24 weeks appointment he told us we would come for one more monthly appointment and then start going every two weeks. every two weeks? this is becoming more and more real every day. wow! i had gained two pounds since my last appointment and considering that the baby weighs at least 1, i think i am doing pretty good. my mom told me that i have to be the skinniest mom in the history of our family. if you know me, you know i have to think about everything i eat, all the time, so this is a small personal victory. i think it must be from the miles i am putting in at the pool.

baby b is active all the time now. last weekend i was sitting on the couch looking at my tummy and i saw it jump and wiggle. it was so cool! i couldn't take my eyes of my stomach...first time that has ever happened in  my life :) the next morning when it was really quiet in our room, i told aaron to put his hand on my tummy since baby b tends to do some stretching when i first wake up. we shared a very special moment, the three of us, as aaron felt our little miracle kick for the very first time. he said "is he over here?", talking about the spot where he had his hand. that was exactly where the baby was! his smile stretched from ear to ear and i had to swallow the big lump in my throat. i feel so lucky to have my little one with me all day long and to be able to share that with his or her daddy was so special to me. i don't think i will ever forget that moment!

the nursery is starting to come together. it's funny, when people know you are not finding out what you are having, they are so concerned about what color you are going to paint the nursery. aaron painted 5 different shades of the color we have chosen and i think i have it narrowed down to one. i will share photos when i get the room all finished. believe me, it will be a cozy little gender neutral heaven.

in the meantime, we are just getting ready for our little one. just yesterday i looked at aaron in a moment of fear and anxiety and said "how in the hell am i going to ever get this baby out?" aaron, in his most serious self, said, "i am going to hold the bottom of your foot and you are going to push." he is going to be such a good coach and daddy. i am enjoying every quiet moment at our house just the two of us because i know that before we know it, our family of two plus dixie will be a little family of three.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, you are a rockstar! That is amazing that you've only gained a little weight! As someone who really packed on the pounds, I can tell you that you will thank yourself later (and actually probably right now as well) that you didn't gain a ton. It puts so much stress on your body.

    I can't wait to see the nursery! I think picking out a gender neutral theme is so much fun!

    Keep up the amazing work! :o)

    ReplyDelete