Wednesday, March 9, 2011

lumpy throat day

today, well, not just today but lots of days lately, i have done a lot of lump swallowing. i am sure that some of it is the hormones that have control over my body. but, i know that a big majority of the lumps are coming from the overwhelming love and excitement i have about this little baby. i am so in love already.

most you know that i am a very emotional person who wears her heart on her sleeve. i am frequently moved to tears, extremely passionate about life and the work that i do and very devoted to my family. i am so excited to add be adding "mama" to that list very soon.

today on the way to work i was jamming to one of my favorite dixie chicks songs. as i loudly sang the words felt the lump in my throat. little baby b was kicking away, i was singing away and just thinking about how i couldn't wait to drive around with baby b in the backseat singing right along too. *GULP* big lump. then i thought about the words to the song. the song talks about not being like everybody else, exploring the world, trying new things and someday settling down. *GULP* big lump. these are all of the things i want for baby b. things are all of the things my parents watched me do and supported me through. *GULP* big lump while typing this.

i can't wait to meet this little baby in my tummy. i can't wait to dance it out in the living room with him or her after a bad day at school. to open the windows of the car and sing on the top of our lungs. to take the long way around. i just love this baby so much already.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Rach! I totally feel your pain! (Of the emotional kind, of course.) Sometimes when I was pregnant, I would laugh so hard I would burst into tears.

    Motherhood is an emotional journey from the get-go. But I think you are most certainly up to the challenge/adventure! :o)

    ReplyDelete