Monday, April 13, 2009

a left my heart in charleston

its the second time it has happened. on the way home from charleston, my heart was missing again. the lump in my throat grew and grew as we clicked the miles away on I-95 south.

yes, we are making in the most of our time in savannah. we are giving it a solid try. but there was something about charleston again this weekend. the birthday party with friends for dan, the beautiful easter service with jon and heidi, the yummy easter brunch at the windmueller's. we don't have our family close, but yesterday, even i did not notice. it felt like we spent the weekend with family.

dixie and rex were waiting patiently for us when we got home. their wagging tails and warm face licks helped my heart. but man, i wish i knew my plan for our charleston return.

here are some pictures from the weekend.


fun times with the horse race



the girls chillin' in the man room



Dan loves his cake!



i had a cake too but i did not like the picture!

yesterday morning we went to church downtown. it was such a beautiful sunny day!


No comments:

Post a Comment